Filled with smashed beans, salsa, cheese, and spices, this recipe will get you rockin’ and rollin’ in the kitchen. The chewy, creamy, and spicy filling makes a satisfying lunch or dinner.
Makes 8 burritos.
- Pour beans in colander and rinse with water
- Bean Bag Toss! Pour beans into a plastic bag. Seal the bag and place inside another bag. Toss back and forth to smash it up!
- Combine mashed beans, cheese, salsa, cilantro, and adobe sauce into a large bowl
- Scoop 1/2 cup filling onto bottom half of tortilla
- Fold tortilla in half from bottom
- Take the left side of tortilla and fold towards the center. Then take the right side of tortilla and fold in towards the center
- Roll up burrito so that the seam side is down. Roll tightly and try to keep filling from falling out.
- In a food processor or blender, add garlic, onion, cilantro, lime, olive oil, hot pepper, and adobe sauce.
- Pulse 5 to 7 times, or until chunky.
- Add tomatoes and pulse 3 times or until mixture is chunky, do not pulse too much.
- Add salsa to bean and cheese filling and proceed with step #3 in Burrito Directions